Monday, October 09, 2006

My roommate likes to garden in the springtime. He usually grows a bunch of stuff and kind of loses interest by the time it’s all grown. That means there’s usually a crapload of chili peppers at the end of the year that no one is doing anything with for me to play with.
I decided to do something with them. I froze a bunch of the Habaneros but before I did I tried to make a couple things. The first thing I made was some salsa. It was tasty stuff but it hurt. This is just a tip from me to you. If you’ve already got 10 Habaneros in your salsa you don’t need to add any more. It’s already got that Habanero flavor, along with enough heat to strip your intestines. Getting that balance right is really a lot like playing with fire.
My mom would make some good stuff. I took some of her salsa to work one time. I kept it in the refrigerator and would just add a little to my burgers and stuff. I came to work once and my co worker said he would never eat anything I brought to work again. My mom’s salsa was so hot his stomach was screwed up all night. At my house we call that kind of heat “Love”. My mom likes to pack a lot of love into her salsa. She thinks it’s kind of funny if she can make something so hot that I get the hiccups.

I made a BBQ sauce also. That stuff was pretty good. A tip from me to you, if you’re going to BBQ chicken brine it first.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you still have extra that you don't know what to do with, I'll take them.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home