Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I love the sun in Portland. It’s been out shining and making everyone happy. People practically skip to the coffee shop to have cute barista’s pour out the blackest Stumptown coffee they can squeeze out of a French press.
I get to go down to Salem for a swearing in process on Wednesday. I believe the bar will use the occasion to shake us down for more money. My understanding is that anytime I meet around the bar I’ll be shook down for more money.
Speaking of the bar the best comment so far about my passing the bar was when my friend Ms. J. said, “It’s not like you to pass a bar.”

I’m reading this book called “The Great Deluge” about Katrina. I’m basically unable to look away. It’s fascinating with a good time line of what happened. It has a good explanation of why FEMA was such a failure.

On the topic of New Orleans, one of the things I like best about NOLA is the music history. You can drive around some shitty neighborhood and see some lean to shack with a historical plaque. It’ll turn out Ray Charles or Quincy Jones lived or hung out there at one point. The duplex in this picture is where Jelly Roll Morton used to live.

2 Comments:

Blogger Azu said...

Dude, you triple posted.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Azu said...

And, I think I just double posted.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home