Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I got to see the new Spike Lee movie, “When The Levees Broke” last night. It’s interesting and a good place to start to get a feeling for New Orleans after Katrina.

It’s been a week since I left New Orleans. I’m still in Texas. The state is that big. Actually I’ve been eating tacos. I didn’t have a single taco the entire time I was in New Orleans. I’ve needed to recharge. I’ve had breakfast tacos in Austin, tacos de carne y pollo in San Antonio, and Chico’s tacos in El Paso.
I’ve had enough that it’s now safe for me to head out of Texas. I’ll head back to Portland today. I hope to stop in Albuquerque and get some hashbrowns at Frontiers. After that I hope to stop in such exciting places as Manti, Utah and Boise, Idaho. I should be in Portland by Saturday night. After a good nights sleep I’ll be able to get a good solid strong cup of coffee from a hot barista again.

Then I have to get a job.

2 Comments:

Blogger zack said...

Bring Lonestar, and don't you forget it! Four cases ought to do.

See you at the end of the week.

Z

12:34 PM  
Blogger Azu said...

Apparently I need to brush up on my Spanish. I went to King Taco and ordered three tacos. I liked two of them (carnitas and cabeza, cheek meat rocks) and hated one. The one I hated was molleja. For some reason I just assumed it would be meat marinated in mole sauce. I was very wrong.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home