Thursday, August 31, 2006

You may be wondering about the Barista status of New Orleans. It was of great concern to me. Are they back at work, are they fairing alright with the huge rent increases, are they cute?
I haven’t actually seen that many and almost all of them are males. I started wondering why. Yesterday at the coffee shop by my house I scoped around and tried to figure out why there was just some skinny guy with overstyled hair as the barista instead of some cute alterna girl.
It was then that I realized that I was hanging out at the gay coffee shop. This place is not subtle or discreet at all. There are pictures of guys in underwear all over the place. There’s a sign that says “Come for the Java, leave with Joe”. So how did I spend three weeks wondering why they didn’t have any cute baristas when I was obviously at the wrong coffee shop for that sort of thing? No idea, I’m just not very functional in the morning and b/c of the heat I don’t drink coffee in the afternoon like I do in Portland.

1 Comments:

Blogger zack said...

I bet you got exceptionally good service there, though.

Incidentally, there is a new bar at 27th and Belmont, and a new coffee shop at 28th and Belmont.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home