Monday, August 07, 2006


I made it to New Orleans last night and began sweating. I stopped sweating shortly while I took a cold shower. That's about all there is to report. I check in at Common Grounds tomorrow. I don't want to hear any hippy jokes. Just b/c I'm involved with a collective does not mean I'm a hippy or an anarcho punk or any of that crap. I eat meat. I bathe.
When I got here my legs needed stretching so I walked around. I live pretty close to the quarter. There's a lot of trash out on the streets. People are remodeling their houses and there's sheet rock scraps and slatting everywhere. There's also a crapload of broken appliances.
When I walked around last night I passed 3 separate voodoo shops. Voodoo is apparently like coffee down here.

The weather was nuts in West Texas. They were evacuating neighborhoods when I left El Paso. I wonder how much worse it is in Juarez b/c they don't have near the infrastructure and all the shacks that people live in could easily be washed away. I imagine there are a lot of broken foundations.
I was walking around last night I found a hipster bar. They were playing Murder City Devils when I passed by so I popped my head in. They had a shot of Jameson's and a Miller High Life for $5. They were also showing Dead Man. That seems like a fortuitous start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home