Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm going to New Orleans to Volunteer on Monday. It'll probably take me a week to get down there. Post Katrina events have created a big need for legal help and since I'm not really doing anything until I get my bar results I'm going down.
The group I'm working with have advisories of what to bring down for hurricane season. The house I'm going to be staying at is a couple blocks from the river. My plan is to get my ass to Texas.
It'll be interesting to see "compassionate conservatism" up close. I haven't been to New Orleans in about ten years and can't really remember much of it so I won't be able to say how it's changed. I'm very curious to see how it is, the dynamics of local politics, who's making money off the hurricane and how the city is changing.
If you know of anything cool to do in New Orleans let me know. I just want to get some grits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home