Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's a long drive to Fresno, California and it doesn't matter where you're coming from. I made it down to Fresno in time for the climatological equivalent of being dog piled by sumo wrestlers. It was hot and stuffy. Really hot. Just out of curiosity why does anyone live in Redding, California? There's a perfectly good town, Shasta, just 20 miles north on I-5. Why the hell would anyone live in Redding?
I got to see my family. They're great people. Collectively we're a pretty creative and varied group. There are chefs, artists, and musicians. Then there's the couple of us who are hyper analytical but cooky. One cousin is a Hollywood agent and another is a organizational consultant. One's good at math and the rest of us can't add. We all love bourbon. Weird how genetics pan out.
Anyway on the way home my airconditioner crapped out about Stockton. I couldn't get to the cascades fast enough. There was at least a 20 degree difference. I need to go camping at Lake Shasta someday though. The water looked really inviting as I sweated like a Chris Farley on a coke binge. I swear I smelled so bad that the sheets peeled off my bed when I finally got home and went to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home