Monday, August 07, 2006

“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu.

“Only generals and postmen enjoy straight roads.” Paraphrasing Richard Flannagan.

“And I’m paraphrasing myself here…” Eric Stoltz in Kicking And Screaming

I don’t think I’m that much fun to go on a road trip with. I like the driving part more than the sight seeing part. I get excited about making good time. I like the straight flat roads of I-10. I made it to San Antonio from El Paso in less than 8 hours. I did that without speeding. The speed limit was raised to 80 MPH in Texas. They did that because the cost of gas went up. I don’t exactly understand the correlation. It’s kind of like, step 1 underpants, step 3 profit. Whatever, I’m not complaining.

I liked driving through New Mexico because the roads were almost empty. Lately when I’ve done any road tripping I’ve been going to California or Seattle on I-5. The roads have seemed more congested. I thought it was just because of where I was driving but I-10, I-15, and I-84 have all been pretty packed.

I’ll be in New Orleans tomorrow. I’m pretty excited. I have a lot of work to do to brush up on the laws and procedures I need to know but I think it will be a good way to spend some down time and I’ll get to meet a circles of people that I would never have met before b/c of geography. I hope I’ll learn to cook a couple of interesting things and eat a whole bunch of interesting things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home