Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I made the first leg of the New Orleans drive today. I’m spending the night in Salt Lake City. It’s kind of hot and there are bugs. I’ve been in town for two hours and my whole left side looks like mosquito brail.
I would also like to point out that the entirety of I-84 in Idaho stinks. It seems the state has decided to put every cow within its borders along side this highway. The second you cross into Utah the smell goes away. Idaho’s a weird place.
When I got into town I was surprised how much Salt Lake has changed since I lived here in ’93. Fault Line Park near my old house has been renamed Fault Line Gardens. I hate to be the one that points this out but there was really nothing wrong with the “Park” part of the name. It was the “Fault Line” part that was intimidating and should have been changed.
Salt Lake has got light rail, a new highway system, an English style pub by the university, some coffee shops, and a new library. It looks like it wouldn’t be so bad to live here anymore. There’s also a big white mystery building downtown. I’ll try and find out what it is tomorrow. The building is huge but I think people are so used to it that it doesn’t register in their minds. No one I asked knew what building I was talking about. It wasn’t there the last time I was in town, which was like 2001. It’s funny how you can become oblivious to something if you see it everyday. Either that or the whole town’s been hypnotized.

1 Comments:

Blogger Azu said...

The stretch of I-84 that runs through Idaho is where I spotted a mystery animal that I like to refer to as the Moon Doggy. It was late and I was tired, but I swear that I saw an animal with a cow's head and a greyhound's body running towards me on the highway in a panic. Did you happen to see it? Also, as curiously ashamed as I am to admit this, but I was born in Pocatello, ID. Note: I was not raised there.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home