Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Yesterday the bar review people handed out a letter telling us not to panic. It may not have been totally worthless. There may be some people who are beginning to panic. I can't tell from class. But that wasn't the tenor of the letter. The letter assumed everyone should be in a panic and if they weren't they were going to fail.
It seemed to me that the letter was trying to generate false panic. They want to whip you up into a frenzy. Oh no, you're scared b/c you haven't outlined enough, done enough practice essays or tests, you don't have a comprehensive understanding of the finer points of intergovernmental immunity. Sweet Jesus!
This then puts barbri in the position of selling their product to us. Barbri will help you deal with all this stress. They'll prepare you. Everything will be alright if you just do what they say.
My opinion is that at this point we have realized that a lot of the lectures are crap and that the program we shelled out 2300 bucks for is crap. If they wanted a good program they would focus on drills and practice essays and not on these stupid lectures. We're smart people and can pick that up from reading the mini reviews. But grading and coordinating essays and analyzing why we screw up on the bubble test takes labor. Actually hiring people to look over stuff is much more labor intensive and expensive than having one guy ramble off an outline at us. I know they don't pay the essay people very much. The comments on my essay were limited to "good job". It was obvious they didn't pour over my essay. They didn't bother to make a comment about how to improve my score, which is the entire point of the bar review class.
So we know we were ripped off. Barbri now has to resell us on their crap program. So they circulate a don't panic letter.
I'm not an idiot and I wish they'd stop treating me like one. The barbri fee is far and away the worst $2300 I've ever spent.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I searched for "BarBri" and "panic" on google and came up with your blog. Barbri has made me feel like I don't have a clue (which translates to failing the bar exam). I'm taking PA. I failed the first two practice essays, despite using CIRAC on both and taking the rules straight out of the BarBri outline on one of them. Everyone I know received suspiciously similar scores from the BarBri graders. It was all just an attempt to force us to shell out more money for their "essay enhancer" seminar (complete bullshit). For $2600, I expected a better product.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home