Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Magazines and Bubbles

Now that I'm unemployed and out of school I've started spending a lot of time at home. I'm not very good at studying in the library. There's too many people there and I kind of get distracted. So anyway I've been studying at home and I'm finding I'm going through magazines much faster.
Usually it takes me a month to get through an Atlantic Monthly and the various trade magazines I get. Now I'm going through 1 a week. I'm trying to figure out what the good magazines are. I have to recommend against Ready Made. There's only about 20 minutes of reading. I do recommend Juxtapoz but I must say that art criticism is not my favorite writing. I value writing that's clear, concise, and conveys an idea. Art criticism seems to do none of these things, but the pictures are great. So anyway, I'm open to magazine suggestions.
Bar review has improved. One of the instructors pantomimed bestiality the other day. I can now say I've seen the act of bestiality pantomimed twice. It was almost worth 2300 bucks.

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I recommend US Weekly. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to get through it, but it's probably becasue it's mostly pictures. Shiny colorful pictures.

2:09 PM  
Blogger La Madre said...

The Wilson Quarterly (I really like this one), Harpers, Atlantic Monthly, Foreign Policy, The Economist, Financial Times (newspaper not magazine but still good), Utne, Mother Jones. I heard 'Mental Floss' is good but I've never read it.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home