Wednesday, June 07, 2006

"Antonio," you might ask, "What's it like to study for the bar? It's probably pretty chill, like studying for finals right?"
Bizarrely this is not the case. I'm actually touched by the stress. I don't want you to think that I've in any way blown my cool. My cool is unblowable (Except occasionally by women, or almost daily by a woman. Regardless it is not blown by multiple choice tests and essay questions.). My cool is like an immovable glacial monolith in the face of Number 10 Fujita Scale tornado cool blowing winds. Man, I'm cool.
Okay, none of that's really true. I was just looking at Men Without Hats videos on Youtube, but whatever.
Anyway, I'm studying and going to lecture. I tried this during first year and my grades sucked. I went back to my normal educational mode of going to class, blowing off the reading, and asking a lot of questions and my grades went up. Now at bar review they ask me to go back to the original non working method of learning. I don't want to do that but, there's no one to ask questions so my method won't work. I need some kind of hybrid method.
My hybrid method so far involves doing lots a multiple choice tests b/c I like the instant feedback and going to class. The going to class isn't working so well b/c, except for Prof. Whitebread's hilarious Crim lectures, I just end up pissed off.

So I've noticed I can go through my whole day without getting a phone call, an email, or a request to google chat unless I sit down to take a test. I got seven phone calls yesterday in the 50 minute period I spent testing. How does everyone know I'm taking a test? It's spooky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home