Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Getting Organized

My plan over break was to become an organizational master. My work space would be perfect, I would never forget to pay a bill, and I would never again return from the grocery store and realize I forgot to get the damn thing I went for in the first place. To do this, to become master of my time, I bought a cheap paper back book. It's called Getting Things Done.
I started reading the book in earnest on my flight back to Texas. I got to the part where it said I needed a labeler to be organized. I thought "Awesome, I can buy a labeler. That's within my powers. Surely I can become organized if all I need to do is buy some office supplies and read the last 100 pages of this book!"
I still have yet to read the last hundred pages of this book, or the book I started right after that, or another book I picked up, as well as a magazine I started. I labeled some stuff, but it was mostly blank spice jars in the kitchen. I've got a system so I don't need to label them, but now I don't need a system because they're labeled. The beauty of that is that I made use of an organizational tool to make my life easier, just like the book promised, and I justified buying my labeler.
I've also organized my music files. They got screwed up in a software upgrade. That took almost all of yesterday. I've organized my file system for my free video coupons from Hollywood video. I've organized my email box, my big cook book, and my dresser. Doesn't it sound like I've made good use of the book?
Well I haven't. The point was to get organized for school so I didn't spend so much time procrastinating. I have done jack shit for school. I was supposed to be working on my A paper. I'm supposed to have picked a seminar topic. I haven't even registered for my classes yet. I'm trying to do it by the skinniness of the text book. I got my first set of emails for a couple classes that I may drop giving me homework and I haven't done one thing to make this next semester easier.
I'm going to finish my music files tonight and then I'm going to organize my desk, and then maybe register for classes.
BTW Scalia is rated at a 6.8 on Hot or Not. He's hotter than 64% of the men rated and 37 people have rated him. I'm kind of surprised. I use that picture on My Space and I don't get near that reaction.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you did a mean job of organizing Mona's right leg. (She insisted the label be stuck on the fridge for safekeeping since "Tonio" gave it to her).

7:12 PM  
Blogger La Madre said...

i'd rate you a '10' spicy hot.

7:29 PM  
Blogger La Madre said...

No more star wars. I never get it. Write about your idol that REPUBLICAN (MoFo) Johnny Ramone.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home