Friday, December 24, 2004

Chico's Tacos

Chico's Tacos is this hole in El Paso. There's five or six of them and they built a new one on the east side. It's the first Chico's to have bathrooms on the inside. When you go to Chico's you get the taquitos. The taquitos are made of some weird fake meat shit with weird ass super fake cheese stuff. They're served in broth and you add salsa verde.
When they're served it looks kind of like someone threw up in a little cardboard boat. I know this sounds nasty but it is the best food in the world. They are open late on Xmas eve and they get the after mass crowd. It's 1:45 AM and there's a line out the door on Xmas eve. After Chico's the little kids get to open their presents.
Different Chico's have different attributes, I already mentioned the one with indoor restrooms. The one down on Alameda has gang fights. The one on McKray has people wandering around selling jewelery and pinatas. The one on Viscount freaks me out b/c you can see the rats running around the dumpster. I know the rats are at all of them but I don't need to be reminded by having them run around while I eat. The same Selena song has been playing on the Juke box at the Montana location since 1994.
You have to be on the ball at Chico's. If you want a table you have to keep your eyes open. You send one person to stand in line while everyone else wanders around looking for a table that's almost done eating. Then you fight everyone else who's waiting for the table. You have to pay attention b/c if you miss your number they'll give your food to the next order. Since everyone orders taquitos it's easy to merge one order into another. I've been at the Alameda Chico's twice when there's been knife fights in the parking lot and I didn't see either of them b/c it was more important to be watching for my number.
Internet is going to be shaky the next couple days but I'll try to update you on the Chico's tacos. I hope to have eaten two orders before tomorrow morning and at least ten by the end of the week.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have one for me.
I'm still on the no food diet and no shrimp tacos for this Xmas Eve. Boo and hiss. Mona loves her monkeys.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no Chico's on Viscount. There never has been either. Get your info right. Dumbass.

-vjgirl79
El Paso native since 1979 so I know what I'm talking about. Thank you!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ate at Chico's regularly as a kid in the 60's and 70's. Man, do I miss them!!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People, stop hating on Chicos!! You know that El Paso wouldn't be the same without Chicos. All you haters, if you don't like it, THEN STAY OUT OF IT. and let the ones that do love it , enjoy it... Greetings to all including haters from Phoenix AZ.. 915 baby!!!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mharder said...

All of you people obviously dont know EP, if your talking about forgetting some in places. The one on Dyer is by far the best.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live on Viscount street, there's no Chico's Tacos there. There is, however, a Chicos on McCrae street which is a quick drive (less than five minutes) away from Viscount.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home