Friday, December 17, 2004

Done with Emp

I took my employment law final tonight. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Prof. Torts teaches it and last year he gave a hellacious exam. It was four hours and I typed right up to the last minute. This exam was mellow. I had time to think about my answers, to kind of plan, and even to look over my exam once.
That's the first exam I've had like that. I generally kind of think studying hard is a waste of time. I can work harder and learn the stuff better but come the exam I'll still be typing like a maniac to finish on time. This is the first example I've had where if I had studied harder I could have had a better grade. I literally finished my outline one hour before I took the test. If I had thought about the stuff a little more and maybe seriously read a practice exam I could have got a decent grade. Usually it's not how much I know, but how well I can get it onto a piece of paper in the short time I'm allowed.
Anyway, I've got two exams left and I'm way off my schedule. That's okay, I've got a new plan. I took Prof. K's final last year on the 18th of December. I'll take his exam this year on the 18th and next year I'll try and get his secured trans class and take that exam on the 18th. I'm going to rechristen it Prof. K's Day. It will be a holiday celebrated with final taking, bologna sandwiches, beer, show tunes and celebrity trivia. That's the plan, but I'll probably just go to my friends house and watch Food Network.
I haven't been posting the procrastination sites lately b/c the weather has been nice. It's been semi warm and the sun has been out the last two days. I've chosen to procrastinate by walking around. It's very nice.
One turn of good luck occurred while I was on such a walk. I had a crush on a certain bartendress about a year ago, we'll call her Bartendress C. I get along alright with Bartendress C. We even went on one drunken date. She went traveling and I got busy with school and I hadn't heard from her. The bartendress that I had my latest crush on just moved and I've been looking for a new bar. I walked by a pub on my way to the grocery store and Bartendress C was working at there. When I have time to enjoy a pint while doing homework I plan on going back. There's the possibility that I could slide back into my old barstool and maybe strike up a conversation. Until that time I'll remember to watch out for the clumsy salesman, the one with three fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home