Friday, December 24, 2004

Feliz Navidad

I finished prop trans a couple days ago. I tried to go on a drinking binge but I just fell asleep. I got out of prop trans, went to the pub and had two manhattans. I went home and fell asleep at 9:30 PM and woke up the next day at 2:30 PM. It felt fantastic. I went out to breakfast with Ms. M. immediately after waking up. I may have a crush on Ms. M. but I haven't decided yet.
I get to go to El Paso for Xmas. This is my absolutely favorite thing in the whole world. I have a big family. The kids run around screaming and they treat me like a jungle gym. There is a constant assault of kids 9 and under jumping on me and getting thrown around. I will eat more tacos than you can count on ten cousins fingers and toes. The surly teenage cousins will teach me about all the latest music. The cousins my age, the ones I grew up with and still call me little Tony or Chion, will discuss relationships. We will probably go to Juarez at one point and drink in the same bars we drank in as teenagers. I'll get to see all my aunts. My aunts love me. They cook me food, they ask about school and they analyze me to see why I don't have a girl friend.
My folks will also be there. My mom will be upset b/c no one is on time, b/c we're using the turkey for mole tacos, b/c we won't make it to mass, b/c the aunts are serving me food and I'm not getting up off my lazy ass to get my own food. My old man will be joking with his brothers. There will be one cousin they pick. They will tease him mercilessly for the week. If you're married your exempt. I'm hoping I'm old enough to be exempt, probably not though.
This is sappy but I love my family. It's the biggest single determining factor of my personality. I'm so happy to see my cousins and my aunts and be teased by my uncles and see the mountains and drive in the traffic. When I go home I get my skin color back, although it's snowing, and I pick up my accent. I'll get to see all my friends. Fucking Chipper, Metalla Bob, Adam Negro, Gilzilla, Little Ernie, Fat Chuck, El Juevon, The Alexander, Nature Boy, Chopper, Sonia, Tracita, El Ojo, La Rosie, Rocio. Every year there's this big party down town we go to. We get drunk and eat elotes from the guy in the truck in the square.
Most importantly I'll be eating Chico's tacos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home