Monday, December 06, 2004

Ball Lightning

Alright! Here's the procrastination page of the day. I read this for awhile instead of Prop Trans. Ball lightning and plasma are cool, but not in your own microwave.
I counted today and I'm 300 pages behind in the Prop Trans reading. I read about 50 tonight. I figure I'll be caught up by tomorrow. I finished Entertainment Law today. I also finished all my classes today. I have some committee stuff to do and a couple assignments from work that I'm still working on but other than that I can dedicate my life to Prop Trans.
I'm looking for a new homework bar. My favorite bartendress moved to Seattle this week and so I'm on the prowl. I've got my eye focused on one specific bar but I'll have to see. The Vern is definitely out. The juke box is just too good. I'd spend all my time picking out songs. Also there's no food at the Vern. Well technically there is food if you count peanuts, but other than that it's stuff they cook and that's just too terrifying to contemplate.
While I was in Phoenix I went to this lame bar in Scottsdale. It was supposed to be a biker bar, but Scottsdale is all yuppies. So there's a bunch of guys wearing all the gear, in near mint condition, with fancy motorcycles parked out front, drinking bud and acting like they were rocking out to Aerosmith. It was pretty pathetic.
A girl at the bar came up to me and started making small talk. She asked me what I was reading and I said "Employment Law, I'm studying law."
She said "You want to be a lawyer? There's too many of those."
"If you ever have a problem with your boss and can't get your paycheck you'll need someone like me."
"Are you a liberal?"
So basically I got accused of being a liberal because I think people should be paid for their work. Abraham Lincoln is spinning in his grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home