Friday, December 10, 2004

Dead Days

I finished reading prop trans. I've got my notes typed in. I'm working on an outline. I didn't actually do any outlining. I got an assignment from work and it was pretty interesting. So I ended up walking around campus and talking to profs about different research angles. I spent some time doing administrative stuff, I forgot to do laundry though, and updating my in box. Then I did some more research on the work problems. I finally ended up at a Hanukkah dinner and just got home. I did no studying today.
There's an object lesson in this. I shouldn't spend a whole day doing homework b/c I just goof off the whole next day and work on stuff that interests me.
I've got a whole bunch of requests, that means 2, for the "Top Ten Ways to Spot a Law Student" that was on my Westlaw Tshirt. I'll do laundry tomorrow and get back to you. Right now my laundry pile is rolling and trying to lure my cat in and I'm afraid to touch it. That's why I'm not going to dig through it and try to find the Tshirt.
I filled up my gas tank today and made a new record. I kind of like to wait to fill up my tank and see how much gas I can get in it. This is not my mom's favorite game and my last girlfriend once pointed at her shoes and said "If I have to walk to the gas station in these shoes so that you can see how empty you can get your tank then this will be our last date." But for me it's a lot of fun, there's suspense and strategy. "Okay, the lights been on for three days but the odometer only says I've gone 354 miles. I can make it to school 2 more times and still make it to the gas station on Broadway." My tank is 15 gallons, my former record was 15.377 gallons. Today I got 15.635 gallons. Hurrah! It'll be tough to beat this record without running out, but I plan to do it.
Also b/c I forgot to post yesterday let me give you two procrastination sites. First is Rex 2.0's Thomas Kinkade post. I also hate Thomas Kinkade and think he represents all that's suburban and nasty.
The second procrastination website is actually two sites. Which is the "official" Julia Stiles site? Here or Here? I spent quite a bit of time yesterday trying to figure that out. I want to thank Ms. Stiles for her contribution to my legal education.

1 Comments:

Blogger Azu said...

"I finally ended up at a Hanukkah dinner and just got home. I did no studying today... There's an object lesson in this. I shouldn't spend a whole day doing homework b/c I just goof off the whole next day and work on stuff that interests me." But, you can't come to my shindig on the 18th ::sobs into sleeve::

I'm just giving you a hard time. It's quite alright if it doesn't interest you. No, really, I'm just kidding :)Good luck with finals. This member of the philosophy posse still thinks you're cool.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home