Saturday, December 04, 2004

Phoenix

I had to go, or excuse me, I got to go to Phoenix for my cousin's wedding. I'm gonna stop and start over.
I've got finals coming up and I can't get serious about them. I know I should at the very least get caught up on the reading. I haven't even made an attempt. I read three pages of homework today. That was homework from two weeks ago. I've seen a crap load of movies, talked to my favorite bartendress (she's moving to Seattle next week), helped my friends celebrate their birthday, shopped for a pair of new jeans, and volunteered to help people move. I believe my homework is nigh invincible. Motivation is not there. I need to stop flipping through cookbooks and reading fark and get to work. Any ideas how?
This week is the last week of lecture. I need to get motivated. I know drinking eggnog and bourbon and blogging at 1 in the morning is probably not the way to do it, but oh well.
I'm linking to Teaching the Indie Kids to Dance Again so that you can all download the Arcade Fire cover of the Talking Head's song Naive Melody. It has a longer title but I can't remember it. Anyway download this song and go buy the Arcade Fire album. You can also follow the link and hear a short radio set. It is some of the best music I've heard in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home