Saturday, December 04, 2004

One down

I'm not talking about finals. I just finished the reading for the semester for International Law. That means just three classes left to read for, then I start outlining.
Anyway, now that I'm relaxed I'll talk about Phoenix. I've been trying to think of something nice to say about it all week. So far I've come up with "It's not Houston" and "It doesn't take that long to drive through on your way to Texas". That being said it's got a horrible sprawl problem, there's only two buildings over 2 stories tall. Terrible waste of land. The people can't drive. I saw three separate SUV rollover accidents in the weekend I was there.
On the upside my cousin had a good wedding, she looked great in her gown and her husband doesn't seem like a moron. The church where they had the wedding only let them have four dances and there was no alcohol. This didn't go over well with my family and many a mini bottle from the hotel fridge were passed under the table.
It was fun to hang out with my cousins, this is the side of the family I don't see that often. We had fun reminding each other of humiliating things we did when we were kids. My older cousin reminded me about this black and white checkered hat with neck flaps I had. I got it after I saw Rad and thought it was soo cool. I used to wear it to school with my moonboots.
The kind of weird thing is that now I'm considered a semi grownup. The adults tell me all this stuff out about my family that I had no clue of at the time. So and so left her husband and he went and got her, so and so was molested by the creep down the street who moved to San Diego in the middle of the night and stuff like that. I guess I wasn't old enough to deal with those things when they happened but it's weird to find out that someone was a total piece of shit when you thought they were a great guy for the last twenty years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home