Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Image Enhancement

I was walking on campus today and my friend, Mr. C, asked me if I wanted a T-shirt. I said, “Hell yeah, that’s one more day I don’t have to go to the laundromat.”
It should have dawned on me that Mr. C, a Westlaw Rep, would be giving out Westlaw T-shirts. It wasn’t until I saw the table behind him that I realized how lucky I really was. I’ve been coveting the Westlaw T-shirt for a year. I didn’t get one last year b/c you have to buy a study aid to get one and I don’t believe in buying study aids. I check them out from the library if I use them at all. Also study aids imply studying, and that’s not my strong point.
Anyway I got my Westlaw T-shirt and it’s cheesier than I could have dreamed. It has “Top Ten Ways To Spot A Law Student” on the back. I’m so thrilled with the geekiness of my new shirt that I’m going to hang a Lexis highlighter/pen from the collar and hit the bars. It’ll be ten times more awesome than trying to work philosophical theories into pick lines. I should be neck deep in honeys by the time you read this.

Last post I said I would get into how I was rationalizing hanging out in a coffee shop and blogging instead of doing my homework and then I never got back to you. Well I had to go to the coffee shop b/c I didn’t have enough coffee at home. Instead of getting coffee to go I thought it would be better to slowly gear up to studying. Because I didn’t know everyone at the coffee shop I would be less likely to talk to people and goof off. Also they had wi-fi so it wasn’t that much different than the library anyway. I was totally right. I got a ton of stuff done on my presentation, I’m teaching myself power point. I’m going to have the best presentation ever. Well maybe not, but to guarantee I have a friendly audience I’m bribing them with beer. My professor basically hinted around all week that we should do that.
As to the girl who smiled at my Morrissey sticker, her boyfriend was getting the coffee while she got the table. While Morrissey stickers go a long way with the ladies, especially the pink ones, they don’t do much to present an intimidating “Yeah I’m talking to your old lady, so fucking what punk!” attitude and have very little effect on bicycle messenger boy friends. Of course neither does a Westlaw T-shirt so I’ll have to keep that in mind this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Azu said...

When I first met Antonio in undergrad, he intrigued me. Yet, I thought that he was one of those guys that were too cool to talk to. After hanging out with him a bit I realized that he was indeed cool and very down to Earth, but I still felt like a big ole' geek when in his presence. The great thing about Antonio's blog is that I am starting to realize that he is as big of a geek as I am. Dare I say, a bigger geek than me?

By the way, Antonio, you should add these T-shirts to your collection
(http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/6111/
and
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/5eb7/)

Thanks for adding a link to my blog in your sidebar.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home