Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Squishy handfuls of life

Well, I got a parking ticket this morning. I earned it, I was parked on the wrong side of the street. However I've lived in this apartment for nearly 2 years and me and everyone else in the neighborhood parks on the wrong side of the street. This is the first time I've ever seen anyone get a ticket. Son of a Bitch. I'm half tempted to go to traffic court and try and argue that the city is estopped from ticketing me b/c they don't enforce that code ever. I imagine the traffic judge throwing his gavel at me. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Dan Rather is retiring. I parked his car once. That's all I've got to say about that.
Target, the corporation that's not nearly as evil as Walmart, has Anal Cunt CDs. Yes, Anal Cunt, you can go to Earache Records and find them under former artists. Artists may be too kind. They were from Newton, Massachusetts and recorded such wonderful songs as "You Look Adopted" and "Living Color is my favorite black heavy metal band". They were pioneers in Grindcore and played an acoustic set once. They played a house show at place I used to hang out at and the lead singer was a fat guy who wore sweat pants. He had a white vinyl purse and he smelled like rotten cheese. No idea why and he smelled too bad to stand close enough to ask him about it. Anyway, I think my youth subculture has now officially been co-opted. It's time to throw in the towel.
There was drunk guy on the bus who decided to talk to me and had bad gas. Immediately afterwards there was a drunk guy at the laundromat who started hitting on a transvestite and then realized that it was a transvestite. He got nasty and had to be arrested. I've had my fill of drunk guys today. Does anyone know why laundromat would be capitalized? All my spell checkers say it should be and I don't know why.
Buffalo Wings and Vodka has a great post about the importance of friends in law school. Go check it out.
I have to go to Phoenix so blogging will probably be light to non existent. I know this really puts a damper on your holiday fun. If there's anyone in Phoenix who is interested in meeting me let me know. I have a weekend of catching up on reading, typing my notes into my computer, figuring out prop trans, and starting my outlines. Any other activity would be appreciated, even going to the laundromat to watch drunks hit on transvestites.
Any 1Ls out there who are currently freaking out b/c you haven't started you outlines I want to say don't worry about it. Nobody starts before Thanksgiving, at least nobody you want to be. I didn't do my outlines last year until the week before finals and I'm still here.
What do you think of "Excuse me, but are you Elite? You sure look Elite to me." for a law school pickup line? For all the non law monkeys, Elite is a special category of Lexis user. I know I'm a dork.
I found out today that if the biggest sturgeon you've ever caught is only 5 feet long then you're a pussy. I've never caught any sturgeon so I'm a little concerned about my masculinity right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home