Thursday, March 09, 2006

I went to Berkeley and got to meet some other Latino law students. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be in Texas or California where I would have a little more room to not be perfect, not that I approach anything near perfection (Unless by perfect we mean middle range grades, coffee addiction, and frequent stupid questions in class). Some of the students said they had 30 or 40 Latinos at school. I think there's about 4 in my class and I'm far and away the most visible one. It'd be nice to just kind of blend occasionally.
I also did a crap load of record shopping while I was down there. I hit both the Rasputins and Amoeba's and a couple other places. B/c of the gentrification there are fewer of the small shops everytime I go to the bay. I used to find all sorts of cool stuff. Now I'm finding less. On the up side though, I find a lot of the weird stuff I want through Ebay, Craig's List, and random blogs. I still prefer the experience of going to the store though.
I think if I lived in the bay that instead of stalking baristas I would be stalking cute Amoeba girls.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fabiolous said...

what is an amoeba girl? sorry ignorant chicana over here. i see what you mean about blending tell me about it I'm in upstate NY. I also went to visit some cool chicanas @ Mt. Holyoke College and all womens school. They are so wonderful there, and have a MECHA going on with six members. Isn't it cute?

6:40 AM  
Blogger La Mitotera said...

Boalt had about 20 incoming raza students this year. Even though it is a bigger number than yours, it is less than last year and I wish it was more. When did you visit? I Hope we were nice to you and that it didn't rain on you too much.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home