Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I went up to Washington on Friday and briefly met the Daily Texican. It was a busy night so it was a short meeting. But it was nice to go to Seattle. At Pike's market there's a small creamery. I got some Beechers cheese curds. In the fall one of my favorite things is to eat cheese curds and fresh apples. If you're not from the North West you probably have never experienced the awesome flavor combination of extremely fresh cheese curds and extremely fresh organic cameo apples. But keep hoping and someday you might get there.
I had to argue with the DA on Monday. I won the argument, sort of. He could tell the judge was going my way so he gave it to me, but I still took him, sort of. I got the case in the morning and scanned the statute. The issue seemed pretty straight forward. I checked the case law and it didn't seem to apply b/c of a small distinction. The DA didn't think that distinction was important. The judge thought it was and then the DA changed his mine. Woohoo. I'm not even a real lawyer yet. Woohoo. I also got a dismissal on Friday. Man, imagine when I'm a real lawyer. I might make it to trial and win.
I was assigned homework in two of my classes. I like the professor but she's killing me. Why can't she be happy that I show up. The other day we were trying to have a discussion and it was obvious that the whole class was burnt third years. We hadn't read. We tried, but it was late and we were tired. Painful conversation. I think that'll be the class I read for this semester.
I'm also pissed that there aren't any decent commercial outlines for immigration law. Someone smart should write one b/c that class is rough and I don't want to have to figure it out myself. I'd pay upwards of $50 for a study guide.
I want to plug Casiotone For The Painfully Alone quickly. They have a new EP out called Young Shields on Tomlab Records. He covers "When You Were Mine" which is my favorite Prince song ever. Check out his new website.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daily Texican said...

Yea dude, I wish we would have had more time. If that lady would have shut up for one second, maybe it wouldn't have been so late by the time we finished.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an outline for immigration from a pal at BC. Want it?

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know who your prof is, and if it is indeed her, faciltating good discussion is not her strong point. Be prepared for looong meandering classes. At least you get powerpoint presentations.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home