Thursday, February 09, 2006

I don’t remember if I mentioned this but I got some business cards made. They were a convenient way to give my friends my phone number, address, and email all at once in a handy manner. To personalize the cards a little and make me seem like not quite as big a tool the caption for my profession said “Lunch Winner”.
I would joke that I got the cards to drop them in the fishbowls to win free lunch. And I would drop them in the lunch bowls. I never won a free lunch though, until this morning.
Some guy called me saying I won a free lunch 6 of my friends and me. I thought sweet. I like lunch and so do at least 6 of my friends. He said he was from Brent’s Financial Services. Damn. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
I don’t have a house to refinance or money that amounts to enough to plan what I do with it. I write a check to the landlord, the electric company, phone company, and school. With what’s left I buy groceries. Woohoo. Plan that!
I still don’t want to go to the lunch b/c he’s going to think that I’m going to make money as a lawyer. I’ll get to have the fun of showing him how after expenses I’ll probably have less money each month than I do now.
Suck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daily Texican said...

I love student loans. I'm not sure what cindylu is talking about.

Yea, I stopped dropping off my business card in those things a long time ago.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home