Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I was talking to some attorneys and they were swapping stories and I was thinking,"Man, it'll be cool when I have a bunch of war stories to amuse my fellow PDs." One of the Attorney's said she had a client who got busted Driving While Suspended. He'd done a little research and saw that the statute had a defense if the reason you were driving was for a medical emergency.
He told his attorney that he had a medical emergency and that's why he was driving. He was trying to get his cat to the vet. He said "I can bring in a dead cat to prove it."
His attorney said, "You can bring in the dead cat?" At this point I imagine them at trial and telling the judge that they can show him a dead cat. Maybe they have a coleman cooler at their desk. "We have the cat right here Your Honor."
But he said "Well... I can bring in a dead cat."

I wonder how I get all this angst built up over how I'm going to swing this attorney gig when the guys I'm representing can't see what's wrong with wearing a "Gas Grass Or Ass, Bitch Better Have All Three" T Shirt to their domestic violence probation violation hearing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Azu said...

Which professor did we have that always used to go on about a dead cat? Nichols? Moore? Haines? Obviously, I have a very bad memory.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Daily Texican said...

oh man. The t-shirt is awesome.

1:51 PM  
Blogger La Mitotera said...

I am so jealous. I wish I was almost done with school. :(

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home