Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm such a dork

I don't even know what to say about this one. A High Fidelity related t-shirt that you have to be kind of goober to catch, and a bigger goober to think is cool. When Powells sent me this add I squealed like a little girl being given a precious locket. I am a big fan of the movie and the book is on my shelf and will be read soon, but the idea of a record store t shirt from a nonexistent record store is too exciting!
It makes me want a record store t shirt from Trax, which is the record store in Pretty In Pink. How in-jokey would that be. I think it would be the equivalent of teasing someone who has the Scuz pressing of the Motards first 7" instead of the Scuzz pressing.
I thought everyone in High Fidelity was so cool. They're lives were screwed up but they had the soundtrack to it and there was no end of banal record nerdy conversations. Live the dream man.
Record store people are not the kind of people I should be idolizing. I don't have the money to hoard records. Back when my record habit was bad I was spending $50 a week on records. I had to work two jobs to support my habit. If Jack Black didn't have a sweet band in High Fidelity he would have been totally undateable. Here I am without a sweet band. Shit.
I need to start doing super geeky in-jokey stuff on cool things like...
I can't actually think of anything. Man, I'm gonna pass the bar before I get a date with a cute new wave barista who digs Josie Cotton.
It only took me 30 minutes to find a picture of Trax. Now back to studying.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

"...but the idea of a record store t shirt from a nonexistent record store is too exciting!"
you are the funniest blogger ever.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home