Monday, October 17, 2005

Do me a favor

Dear Friends,
If you happen to see me at the courthouse and I'm wearing a suit go ahead and come up and talk to me. But please, at least for the next couple weeks pretend like I belong in the court house, in a suit. Walking up and saying it's the first time you've ever seen me in a suit and breaking into laughter might affect the way I'm viewed at my new job. Especially if you do it while my boss is standing right next to me. I might feel awkward and my boss might feel like he made a mistake. Just give me a week to prove he didn't and then go back to laughing.
I would also appreciate it if any other comments were friendly and supportive. Questioning my abilities in any field that might relate to my ability to do my job is kind of like more of the above. Especially, once again, when my boss is standing right there.
When I'm there with a client this will go doubly so.

I don't mean to be a drag. I think me in a suit is kind of funny to. It's like I'm trying to take pajamas seriously. Pajamas is the only other thing I can think of where your top and bottom are supposed to match. But give me a week.

6 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

congrats on your new job.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. What type of job is it? Any full time potential after law school?

-Holly

11:08 AM  
Blogger collateral evidence said...

Congrats, Antonio!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should I ask you about the time you drank two 15-packs of Stroh's in one sitting in Atlanta?

Should I ask you why you couldn't move that guy's car off the Four Season's ramp that Sunday morning?

Should I ask about the bathtub in your living room you used to read in?

Or maybe I should just ask you about your 'bumple-scrump' centerfold?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Azu said...

Congratulations, yo!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You rock.
The courthouse downtown? Me and Mona will come bring you lunch someday. What's your job?

xoxo
oona

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home