Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday Afternoon

I've hit that point in the day that Douglas Adams called "the long dark teatime of the soul". I've read the Post and the Times, I've kind of picked up a little here and there. I've had all the coffee I really need to drink today and I've been on my walk. The crossword is done, carpet's vacuumed, cat box cleaned, recycling sorted, and bed linens changed. The only thing left for me to do is work.
I desperately need an activity to distract me from this ugly fact, but I've run out of distractions. I don't really need to take another shower. I'm broke so I probably should not go to the record store. I've returned all the videos and stuff like that.
I'm not hungry. I'm stuck, I should go to school and do homework. That's all that's left. I mean, this post has to end at some point.

Last night I went and saw the Epoxies. They were great, I wish they would play more local shows. I swear to god they pose more than any band I've ever seen, except maybe Guitar Wolf. It's cool though b/c they look really cool and they have laser beams! And Roxy Epoxie is still my number one Portland Scenester girl crush.
The Reigning Sound's new record came out. It sounds a lot more like Break Up Break Down than Too Much Guitar. I prefer the Too Much Guitar sound but this is still really good. I also got an Andre Ethier, of The Deadly Snakes, CD. It's really good stuff. I highly recommend it.

Here's the collection of links I gathered over the last week. First is another blogger from the Astrodome, my favorite post is the one about Tom Delay.
There's an article on the costs of moving into the dorms. This is another one of those WTF stories. What do these kids need in their dorm rooms that costs that much. I didn't have room in my room for my clothes, let alone decor. What's wrong with scrounging milk crates and cinderblocks to decorate your room. There should be a law. Freshman would get an allotment of 2X4s, cinderblocks, milk crates, and their choice of either a Bob Marley Legends poster, Clash London Calling poster, M.C. Escher poster or that Gustav Klimt "The Kiss" poster.
Reflecting on the sad state of science education in the U.S., Salt Lake refused to entertain supernatural bogey men in their science curriculum. It should be obviously depressing when Utah is leading the vanguard against dumb religious ideas. This article has the dumbest headline I've read in a while. The fact that this news was phrased this way shows how deep the misunderstanding of evolution is. The idea that something would stop evolving, like there is a pinnacle of evolution, shows how weak the grasp the public has on the concept of evolution is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home