Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Grudge

I'm holding one. I didn't look at the NY Times once today. I'm thinking about taking down my link to them too. Bastards.
I did look at the Post. I even clicked on an ad. I think it was for BoTox or something. I didn't really read it. I just clicked it b/c I was mad at the Times.
I can access the OpEd columns on Lexis for free. I haven't yet b/c it's the principle. I deserve to have it all for free. I'm not sure why but it's important to my being a part of the informed citizenship or something. There's a policy argument in there if I felt like it.
One other thing. Batteries are stupid. Especially batteries that you're pretty sure are full but turn out to be really low once you're at the Arcade Fire show and you're trying to take pictures with your digital camera but it doesn't work b/c the batteries have run down b/c they're stupid. This is probably tied into the Times charging money. They want me to buy batteries now too. Stupid batteries.
One last thing. A really cool CD came out from the Smithsonian Folkways Recordings series. It's called Rolas De Aztlan: Songs Of The Chicano Movement. It's got some old Huelga songs and a couple Corridos. It's available on Amazon and totally worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

I am pissed about them charging too.
I am boycotting with you.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Chris C. said...

Thanks for posting about Rolas De Aztlan. I just ordered it. Good stuff on your page.

I have a couple of songs of Chicano Soul music on my page as well as on soulsides. Check them out.

Chris Cardenas

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home