Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hurricane Ophelia

Does anyone else get the feeling that the news crews already are feeling let down by Ophelia b/c it will never live up to Katrina? They try and build it up, but they know deep down in their hearts no one is going to get bumped up to network for this storm. The news gave me the creeps today.
I don't know how anyone feels about Judge Roberts, and maybe I should say something intelligent about it, but the fact of the matter is that he's going to get confirmed. In my opinion the democrats should have let him slide through. There are troubling aspects about him but he's pretty nominatable and it's not really worth fighting. If you saw any of the hearings you realized the Kennedy just looked like a clown most of the time. He played up to a stereotype. It bugged me but whatever. Anyway recognizing that the nomination is going through pretty much no matter what, and he's no Burger or Rehnquist so I don't really care that much, I thought this editorial in The Times had the best take on the hearings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the media for you. They're looking to see if another Katrina will "pummel" the coast. It brings news, it makes their job easier. It's sadistic and disgusting to think the way the media does.

6:58 AM  
Blogger collateral evidence said...

Yeah, it kinda killed me listening to Kennedy bluster. He sounded like an idiot. Maybe it's a bit geek-lawyer of me, but I want someone who's frighteningly smart and articulate doing the questioning, not someone who's trying to score points with the choir (of which I'm a member, but stupid law school has made me a more critical thinker).

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home