Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tragedy befalls us

Alright this might not be a tragedy per se, especially in light of all the real suffering. But damnit! What the hell is with this new Times Select B.S.
Pay for the New York fucking Times! I've been reading the damn thing for 10 years and I've never paid for it. Don't raise my freeloading as an argument in favor of their decision to charge real money for it. Sure the whole problem revolves around people like me who have taken advantage of the Times, or occasionally their jobs or coffee shops which offer free copies, and never actually paid a single cent for the wealth of information provided therein. But damnit, I rely on it. I mean the Times has caused me to rely on their continued free coverage. Oh sure, they never out right induced me, as such, to read their paper. But I felt like continuous provision of free content over the last several years encouraged me to continue to expect to use free NY Times. I've made plans on it, in as much as I spent money used to pay for a newspaper subscription to buy Pabst. No wait, I mean medical supplies for starving children in some place foreign. Why are you asking me all these questions all of a sudden. Of course I don't feel guilty. What exactly are you insinuating. This is about the Times and not about me Senator.
Wait now, what were my elements? Does anyone have a contracts outline I can borrow? Promise, inducement, reliance, and damage? I think I've got all those, well maybe not the promise. Anyway, damn the Times and I'll be reading the Post from now on.

One more thing, it's not like I didn't buy crap from your advertisers. I bought a plane ticket off of orbitz once, and I think I bought a book off of powells on a few occasions, not b/c they're around the corner and have a great coffee shop with a girl I have a crush on, because I saw the advertisement on their web page. And does anyone know how to do the html code to cross out words?

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

str and /str in between these little things < >

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home