Monday, March 07, 2005

Slacking on a technicality

When my little gmail indicator goes off at certain times of the day it is almost guaranteed to be from work. When I'm working on a project similar to the one I'm working on now it is almost certain to contain an assignment that is due by 5pm or tomorrow morning.
If I don't open my gmail I don't technically know I have an assignment. Right? It's not really slacking because I don't know it's work. Besides I'm using the time to read evidence or sub crim. I'm not misusing the time.
So technically I'm not slacking off. Right?
I lasted about 3 minutes when the box lit up today. I checked because I can't handle having unread email. I have until noon tomorrow so I'm going to watch the Naked Chef DVD I got from the library and read evidence. Then sleep and then work.
I also really fucked up a batch of Chile Verde. I did two things differently. I cooked it in a crock pot and I used canned green chiles b/c I was lazy. I think I may have burnt the chiles or something. If anyone has a good recipe that works in a crockpot let me know. If it's the canned chiles let me know b/c I was kind of excited to find those but I recognize that I should be punished for not roasting and peeling my own peppers. Jesus hates a lazy cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home