Thursday, March 03, 2005

Getting called on

I got called on once again without reading. I swear to god, or whatever, that once I get through this weekend I will get caught up on my reading and read for all my classes, not just my seminar.
I was discussing getting called on and preparation methods with my classmate Miss M. Miss M said she flipped through the face book to anticipate when she was going to get called on.
I said that sounds like a lot of work b/c you have to compare the number of people in the class to the number of students in school minus the 1Ls b/c they aren't in our classes. Then you have to compare that ratio to the number of people in the face book to get an idea of how many people are ahead of you. It sounded like a lot of math to me.
Miss M said that what she did was look through the face book and if the person was in the class, she could recognize their pictures which I hadn't thought off, then she knew that person was ahead of her. It wasn't as tough as I made it out. Then she asked me what I did to prep since I didn't seem to read that often.
I said "I do read, it just never seems to sink up with the days I get called on."
I don't think I have a method. I kind of like to plan on reading. I sit down with my book and statutes and then I check my email. There is almost always something from work which needs to be done "quickly". I then reach out with the force and try to feel any disturbances that might indicate I would be called on. The force is always full of disturbances b/c the damned 1Ls are so jumpy. I then do the research from work and plan on reading the lexis briefs right before class.
So instead of knowing about felony murder I know about stalking orders. What works for Yoda doesn't exactly do it for law students.
I've got a big day tomorrow, and after that a big day, but in a week I should be sleeping and stuff like that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home