Sunday, February 20, 2005

Iron Chef plus random gummy thoughts

Does anyone know anything about this Rob Feenie challenger? I think he's going to get spanked by Morimoto.

The coffee at school is really bad. It's usually scalded so I hate to pay to drink it. The other day I was at work and I had just finished my coffee. I wasn't quite ready for another cup but I had to go to school. I thought "I should just buy the coffee here b/c it's better. I'm going to want more coffee in a half an hour anyway. I'm going to be pissed if I have to buy the crap at school and if I get a good parking space I'm not going to give it up just to go get a cup of coffee."
I didn't want any coffee right then and it felt wasteful to buy any. It stressed me out. I am developing coffee anxieties.

FMV is Fred Meyers' no name brand. The FMV bacon is about a third the price of Fred Meyers' bacon. It is about ten times better. I put bacon up their with stuff like tattoos, dental work, and sushi. It's not exactly the sort of thing you want to be bargain shopping for. It freaks me out that the slices are thicker, meatier, and just plain better. It's kind of like Kroger's chorizo. The cheap Kroger's brand chorizo is better than any of the other name brand ones. I guess the wise thing is to just enjoy it and not to ask too many questions. Interesting coincidence, blogger spell check suggests grocer for Kroger.

I went to get measured for my tattoo on Friday. When I took off my shirt my artist winced and said "ouh, hairy". Man I feel hot now.

3 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

i like my men hairy

3:27 PM  
Blogger La Madre said...

Cindy, you think we are pocho groupies?

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know? I just cooked up a package of FMV bacon for breakfast, having bought it in the Hawthorne Fred Meyer thinking "how meaty! how cheap!"

It was... too chewy. Gristly, almost, and kind of flavorless. Yeccch.

The good news is that I googled FMV bacon and found you, who seem interesting and local. Good luck with getting done with law school. My name's Frank; my blog is http://chefxh.livejournal.com if you're curious.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home