Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Potted Plants

I was thinking of starting an indoor herb garden. Wouldn't that be great. One more thing to do instead of what I'm supposed to be doing.
As is kind of obvious from the last post, I couldn't spell my way out of a wet paper sack with scissors in my hand. Usually spell check takes care of that. Since the spell check isn't in Spanish I run into trouble. I have problems with Hu and Ju words, sometimes Gu also, S and Zs, and V and B. So if you catch a spelling error I guess I should give you a nickel or something. You can put my spelling errors up on Ebay and I'll pay pal you the nickel I guess.
I would post more about Star Wars but I don't really have anything to say about it until the new movie comes out or I break down and see the Holy Trilogy in the new DVD format. I'm still working myself up to that though. I think it will happen before spring break, most likely when I have some big project due. I guess I could get into my whole "She made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs" theory. I don't know jack about physics so it's mostly just blowin' smoke.
If you want advice about law school stuff email me. I'm happy to tell you what I know, but everyone has different things they value and desire. My advice is only good for people who share my values and desires. Most of mine are in some kind of conflict with general law school culture so I'm not always the best person to ask. If you want certain kinds of answers I'm a good person to talk to, if you want other kinds of answers I'm not much help. It's the Sartre thing.
Now the most important question, why 32 minutes? The perfect rock n roll set is between 32 and 37 minutes if it's in the non stop Ramones style with no talking. That rarely happens so if you're out at a club the perfect set is around 45 minutes. Basically the set should contain between 12 and 15 songs that are in between 2 minutes and 2 minutes 45 seconds long. Ideally it will start out with an instrumental song but there aren't that many bands who are competent enough to write a compelling instrumental so you can let that one slide. There should be a mix of fast songs with an occasional slower song mixed in as rest for the drummer. It should above all be long enough that the listener can feel involved, but short enough that they want to hear it again. I need such a CD b/c it looks like there won't be a good show until February.
I am very excited for Iron Chef America this Sunday. Is there an Iron Chef IRC channel?

2 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

you such a nerd. i love ya.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Azu said...

Another thing that sucks about George Lucus: When Han Solo and an alien (can't remember the name) are sitting at a table in the Cantina aiming guns at eachother, Han shoots first in the original. However, Lucus changed it so that they shoot at the same time (or the alien shoots first or something?). He wanted Han to be more PC I guess. I just think ol' Georgey boy is dumb. Leave well enough alone.

By the way, sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday...Happy Birthday!

Hope to see you next time I'm up in Portland.

One more thing, by herbs, do you mean the legal kind?

Han Shot First

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home