Thursday, November 04, 2004

My Evil Plan

I've got a crush on the young lady who tends bar at the pub around the corner. I devised a fiendish plot to win her attentions. I would go to the pub about once or twice a week and do my homework. I would be quiet and corteous and make the occasional witty remark or ask a question.
I figured that after about 4 months I would be comfortable enough with the staff and they would be comfortable enough with me that I could ask her out. I've worked in restaraunts for a while and this is a reasonable timeline.
Well tonight I engaged in some minor chit chat with the young lady. I asked her some questions and she answered most. I then acted quirky. I signed my check and said I had to see who the director of a certain movie was. I asked her and we couldn't figure it out. I said I was going home to find out the director's name and she said "Great, you can tell me next Wednesday."
I didn't know she was working next Wednesday. That means that she doesn't think I'm too weird to let me know when she's working. This is a big thing for a bartender to tell you. Also she doesn't mind talking to me b/c she invited me to have another conversation with her. This is also rare for a pretty bartender to tell a strange man. Trust me, I'm strange. I'm a little excited about this. I might be able to have a date before February.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

I'll give you a date before February. Anytime January, but only once and you have to pay my flight from Ohio.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home