Saturday, November 06, 2004

I'm a tool

Not in the general 2L sense. The trailer to the new Star Wars movie is on the net. Here's a bunch of links. As pissed as I am about George Lucas and the whole whoring out the Holy Trilogy this trailer still looks cool and I want to know when I'm done with finals. It comes out May 19th and I'm pretty sure I'm done by then so I can go see it on the opening night. As much as I curse the Apocrypha, as I nerdily call the first three episodes, (By first three episodes I mean episodes 1, 2, and 3 not the first episodes that came out which are 4,5, and 6.) this really looks cool.
One problem I see right away, this is just a small criticism, is the scene, that maybe lasts a whole second, with all the wookies. It strikes up too much Endor for me. However wookies are about 50 times cooler than ewoks so I don't know what to make of it. My emotions are just getting jerked all around. I see CGIed proto storm troopers and I think "weak, they should just go back to models" and then I see CGIed Yoda and I think "Fucking A, maybe he'll dust a pack of mother fuckers with his lightsaber. That would be rad!" I'm totally George Lucas's Bitch.
Ms. N at school was talking about the Holy Trilogy coming out on DVD and I said I wasn't comfortable b/c George bastardized (A Second Time!) them by putting the new pouty surly teenage Anakin in to the seens with the old cool Anakin. I've heard about some other changes but I've been unwilling to watch them so far so I don't know. She laughed and said "You boys and your George Lucas issues." Well I've got some George Lucas issues. He puts out some trailer with a bunch of Jedi's fucking shit up with their light sabers and spaceships in dog fights and I can just feel my wallet getting lighter.
One last thing and then I'm out. I like that he's calling the new movie Revenge of the Sith. The Star Wars nerds can probably tell you better than I can but George was going to call Return of the Jedi, or ROTJ as the geeks say, Revenge of the Jedi until he decided that Jedi's would never seek revenge b/c revenge is the dark side of the force. So it's cool to see the dark side going after some revenge after Yoda handed them their own asses in the hack job that was Attack of the Clones.
I will promise to minimize Star Wars discussions in the future. This short stint into hard core Nerdom is ended.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

I've never seen any star wars. I don't understand your post at all.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

I weep for our youth.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home