Thursday, November 04, 2004

Lost Sounds

I just went and saw the Lost Sounds. They were amazing. They only played a 25 minute set, but it was incredible. They're Devo's heirs. Not Devo in general, but Devo when they start to break down and go hysterical during Jocko Homo and Smart Patrol. They were wild. They rammed the sound from their two keyboards and sampler through a Peavey amp. You could hear it shudder from their might.
Last week I went and saw Holly Golightly, who I love, and her set was wonderful. She had a hammond B3 which I had never seen her with and it added a great sound. She didn't play Use Me, but that's okay. Anyway after last weeks show I said I was going to buckle down and be the good law student. After last night I needed to blow off steam so I caved and went out tonight. I have a need for live music, and I know this is not a rare trait in people. There are a lot of times when the only way I can feel like a person is to go listen to real music played live.
Going to shows all the time is going to have an impact on my grades. It's going to limit the types of jobs I get. Tonight I think that's a good thing. If you get great grades and do everything right you end up as corporate counsel with no time to go to shows. If I work on my law school, go to shows, be happy and treat people decently I don't get the big salary. I do get a job on par with my abilities and my life style. I'll still get to go to shows and listen to good music. That's what I want. I need to remember this kind of stuff when everyone else is in suits and getting job offers for more money than God makes. Being yourself and being happy are worth something too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home