Sunday, September 12, 2004

Yesterday's attempt to do homework

I made it to the store and bought a new set of headphones, hauled ass and made it to school by 4 and spent some quality time with the Reference Librarian(she gets capitalized now). She just moved here from Washington and didn't know that in 1953 the Oregon Legislature got a bug up its ass and renumbered all the statutes. I showed her how you find the old ones and then she helped me look up committee minutes. Does anyone in the world like Microfiche? Can't we digitize this stuff and put in pdfs or something, seriously.
Anyway after being at school roughly an hour and a half I had set up my work area, combed some legislative history, listened to part of the Libertines CD and a little Asian Kung Fu Generation, and started my Prop Trans. Then my phone started going off. Some friends were having a BBQ and I should come. I wave them off, and seconds later another call from someone else at another BBQ, another friend simultaneously comes to drag me to the first BBQ and I caved. I now have a shitload of yesterdays homework, today's homework, a meeting at 6 and a study group at 4, and what am I doing? I'm wasting time blogging and watching cartoons on the net. You couldn't teach me time management with a brick to the head. Man I'm stupid.
The Cartoons are from Ill Will Press and they're quite funny. I especially like squirrel songs. So if you've got a lot to do and a good wireless connection I highly recommend it. Also I want to recommend Kingblind Music. This is the MP3 blog that I use the most. A lot of good music, tour updates, news, and videos. It's great.
Last, before I go change the cat box(I already vacuumed the apartment, took out trash and recycling, and washed my dishes), I met someone who actually knew I had a blog. I don't blog anonymously or anything(mostly b/c I can't spell anonymously without ten spell checkers) so it shouldn't have come as a shock. I just kind of figured this was an exercise in solipsistic egoism. So with that in mind I'm going to stop shittalking my classmates and BigLaw and maybe Walmart. Actually I probably won't change at all. Discretion is something else you probably couldn't teach me with a brick.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

you make me laugh so hard.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home