Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Lexis Elite Status

I don't know what Lexis Elite Status is. They started offering me points and stuff and then I noticed that the little elite bar was progressing and I was getting very close to getting elite status. I started to get excited. When I was about 100 points away I decided it was something that I needed. I stopped checking about two weeks ago confident that I would make it. I only needed 30 points. That's three days of logging in and searching for something. No problem. I was basically strutting around like a pro wrestler who's opponent is struggling to tag in his fresh teammate. The whole while I was oblivious that Lexis would reset the points that freakin' weekend. They reset the points every semester, but since school didn't start for me until 8/30 I figured no problem.
I checked my status the other day. I have 50 points towards elite status, that means 1,950 to go. They reset the counter. I missed it and I may never know what elite status is like. It was like my unwitting professional wrestler got hit on the back with a folding metal chair by the freshly tagged in teammate. I'm taking extra highlighters to make up for this.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

yo, at least you still have access to Lexis. I'd love to have access to it. Man, I'd be reading that shiznat all day long.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home