Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Homework

This is a topic that I have already made reference to this week, and it's only my fourth day of classes. Homework is the big motivator in my life. Homework originally inspired me to read blogs. Say it's 11pm, you have Prop at 9am and you have 60 pages of reading, that means you can read at least 15 blawgs, 4 personal blogs, and check fark 18 more times before starting your homework.

Reading blogs wasn't the only way I avoided homework. I also started reading random law review articles, trying to find random people on Lexis, cleaned my apartment, started doing laundry. None of this was enough for me though. That's why I took up blogging. I'm not out to share my experiences to make the world a better place. I don't even want to pontificate on Rock N Roll, actually I kind of do sometimes. I want to avoid my homework.

Now that school is back in I will probably be cooking more often. I will improve my ability to solve crossword puzzles. My apartment will be cleaner, I bought a new vacuum( I'm a big dumb consumer whore. I totally fell for the advertisement for bagless vacuums where you can see the dirt build up in the container in the front of the vacuum.) I will be updating my blog more often.

I updated today, the crossword link changed and Jack's Blog is back up. The Clerk is gone and I added a new section of links. I was planning to do this big post where I went over all the great MP3 blogs I've found but I never got around to it. So I'm going to do it one at a time and add the links over on the side. The first one is Lost Bands of the New Wave Era(I'm not linking it b/c it's over there -->). It's a cool site that puts up about 1 song a week. The music is generally interesting and b/c there's a retro thing going on now with bands like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Strokes, and Libertines it is incredibly relevant. Some interesting Synth Pop shows up there as well as surf divergent stuff that later influenced everybody's favorite band The Pixies. So that's the first one, more will show up.

I went and blew my paycheck on hookers and Maker's Mark....
No I meant on records. I'll post some reviews of the stuff I got soon as well, maybe as it relates to these MP3 blogs I've been trolling. With that said I should probably go find out what I'm supposed to have read for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home