Saturday, September 04, 2004

Reviews and a link

One of the CDs I bought was the Ted Leo/ Pharmacists CD "Tell Balgeary, Balgury is Dead". It's not that good. I said go out and buy his CD b/c Me and Mia was such a good song. None of that comes through on this CD. The whole thing sounds hollow, more like a practice demo than an actual release. There is also a cover of the Pogues' Dirty Old Town which I found to be atrocious.
The link is for Bubble Gum Machine. They generally have two new songs a week. It covers pop songs from between the 50s and 70s. There's been some really interesting stuff on there and some stinkers. I've probably downloaded ten songs of the site and tossed 3 or 4. I think the best service this MP3 blog provides is for bands who are thinking about covering something but they want it to be obscure so they can show off how vast their influences are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home