Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Trivia Night

My local pub has a trivia night on Tuesday. I haven't gone very often because of work but the last couple weeks I've made it. I know a good chunk of Islamic and Arabic history and culture. Another teammate knows classical music and one other knows sports. Another knows linguistics and European history. Then there's L. L knows everything. My area usually doesn't come up more than one or twice a month so I spend most of my time saying L had the right answer.
My team is consistently in the top 3 teams. When we don't win based on points we tend to win for best team name. Well this week we decided to use a poem from the bathroom of my other local pub as our team name. It's not strictly obscene, but it's not very nice either. We ended up tied for third place. As the tie breaker they used our name. When the guy, Jim, who runs the contest and decided our name was better, read our name the whole room fell slack jawed and silent. One drunk guy in the corner demanded that he read the name again. That's the power of poetry.

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

and you aren't going to tell us the name?

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home