Monday, July 19, 2004

Muggy

It was sticky all weekend. It's not usually like that. I'm starting to think the fat guys in utilikilts are on to something. I live fairly close to a park off of Hawthorne Ave in Portland. This is kind of the "Bohemian" area of town, if you can imagine one area of Portland having more hippies than another area. Basically you can't toss a rock without hitting a hippie. There is always a drum circle in the park on weekends. This week it was hot enough to keep the hippies away. Not a single drum beat came out of the park. It was pretty nice.
AMG did something to it's interface and now totally sucks. I was thinking about registering to see if it got better but if it isn't better for registered users then I just gave away my email for no good reason. I already get enough spam.
I got to go to court on Friday. It was for an administrative motion in a bankruptcy proceeding. I basically got to sit there quietly, but it was still cool. I also liked telling people I would have met them for coffee, or gone out for a beer, "but I've got to be in court in the morning." I also liked, "I would, but I've got a hearing tomorrow" and "I've got this motion thing in an hour, I've got to get down to the court house."
My neighborhood is so hippie and scenestery that when I got on the bus to go to court, in my monkey suit, I was the only person on the bus with a neck tie on. This is on a full bus at 8:30 in the morning on workday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home