Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Renting a video

I went to the video store yesterday to get a DVD and there was a guy, about my age, walking around by himself with a Lindsay Lohan video. It struck me as super creepy.
I ended up renting "The Butterfly Effect". I thought it would be like Donnie Darko's ugly cousin but it was pretty decent. Ashton Kutcher's character spent most of the movie in a state of slack jawed incomprehension, so it didn't really stress his acting abilities. I found the whole thing to be a parable about middle management. Every time Kutcher's character gets involved and tries to fix something it gets a lot worse. Eventually Kutcher stops his own existence. I thought that was really deep. Middle management should never have existed in the first place.
I also caved and registered for AMG and it doesn't get any better. That is probably the least user friendly update outside of a microsoft product I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home