Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Manda and the Marbles

I went to see The Minds on Saturday night. They played at Sabala's which used to be this hippie joint. They had a three day "Hippie Exorcism" to rid the place of the patchouli stench. Bands like the Dwarves played. It was a good time and the place doesn't give me that creepy "white dreadlock and karma" feeling anymore. Now it stinks like stale Pabst and clogged toilets from junkie's flushing their kits.
The Minds played a good set and I missed the Clorox Girls for the 3rd time this month. People tell me they're good, but I have yet to see it. Some of the big scenesters were there. Roxy Epoxy, who I have a wicked crush on, recognized me. Her really cute friend with the Cure hair was there too. When I started going to school full time a couple years ago I got separated from the scene. I didn't have time to go to shows and as a result I've been on the outside loop. It's nice to know I'm rebuilding a presence.
Manda and the Marbles headlined. They're from Colombus, Ohio I think. They're currently on tour and full of Go-Gos goodness. They're poppy and fun, kind of new wave meets late 90's Lookout records. I also think the leader singer is drop dead, knock out, restraining order gorgeous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem to be in the punk scene, you might enjoy this site http://www.howsyouredge.com/edgebreak/
-Elena

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home