Wednesday, March 23, 2005

House Sitting

I'm house sitting for someone I work with. There was a bit of an issue with internet but I finally caved and figured it out. My original plan was to not figure out the internet on purpose so that I would get more work done. Once I realized that a person can only read so much case law in a day and remain sane I decided to figure it out. The amount of case law is equal to about 10 hours, but you can't keep that pace up for too long or you will burn out.
The house is in deep South East and it's far away from my normal hangouts. I'm slightly isolated, I'm alone, and there's space to spread out my work. I've been fairly productive.
I was going to post about a professor but I don't know what to call him. I was going to go by the normal class designation but I thought maybe I should call him by his distinguishing feature. I decided the distinguishing feature was a little improper, even with anonymous grading. The feature isn't a personal trait, but a behavioral aspect or habit.
I first heard about his habit from the 1Ls. He did it right in front of one of my friends faces. I started watching him in class and he does it there too. As he lectures he paces the classroom and occasionally will prop one leg up and rest or maybe stretch, it's kind of a "George Washington crossing the Delaware" pose. Sometimes he will prop his leg up on the desks in the front row. When he does this and stretches he thrusts his crotch into the faces of the people sitting in the front row. This is what happened to my friend. He does it almost every class. For that reason I was going to call him Prof. Aggressive Crotch Display or maybe Prof. ACD.
Either way not too flattering and not the sort of thing I would like to be associated with. It could have an impact on my professional reputation.
Speaking of my professional reputation I've redesigned my tattoo but I've got an appointment soon. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the month. I don't know how long it will take but I think there's a chance it'll take a couple of sittings. If I score my free digital camera in time from Westlaw, I'm only 900 points away, I'll put up pictures when it's all raw and swollen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home