Saturday, February 05, 2005

One more thing about Lexis

Lexis has these contests where if you're one of the first fifty people to send an email showing fifty searches you're entered in a raffle for points or whatever. I happen to be a huge geek who pretty much always has fifty searches that are no older than two hours in my history. So I got home last night around 2 AM and there's an email in my box from the Lexis rep saying, send us your history etc. I sent an email. How lame is it that at 2 AM on a Friday night I'm entering Lexis contests. I should approach them and say "I know and you know I'm your bitch. I'm getting this kick ass tattoo and if you fund my chest I'll let you ink my back." They could take me around and I could do training sessions with my shirt off or something. It could supplant my hope of being one of the ethnic models for the Westlaw brochures.
My blog got linked off some website at school or something, not exactly sure what happened. Anyway some people read it and told me about it and now my friend Miss V.H. tells me that I'm self censoring and losing my edge. I didn't think I had much of an edge before. So I'm thinking about how I can be more "edgy". I used the Fbomb in my last post, that probably doesn't really cut it as edgy anymore. I could get a transgendered law student to coblog or a stripper. That crap is popular with the kids. I was going to look around the web and see if I could find some HTML spinners and put some rims on my blog but that's not really my style. I was going to call my blog an "E-Zine", but apparently that lost its edge in the mid nineties. So if anyone has any clues about what constitutes edgy let me know. And if I win the Lexis raffle I'll use my bonus points in a very hip and unselfcensored way. Maybe I'll get the naked chef cookbooks or something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think anything involving: midgets, hookers, midget hookers, booze, food, and velcro is fairly cutting edge. Maybe you could write about something involving all six in the same scenario? Who knows?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Azu said...

While reading your last post I totally didn't realize that you dropped the F-bomb. I guess I'm just desensitized to that stuff. I do think the midget hookers would be a nice touch though.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home