Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Lindsay Lohan is Street Trash

Okay, that's not true. Me and my friends are street trash, or at least used to be. She's just a shit wipe. Over on Copy, Right? there's a medley( A short digression, medleys are fucking stupid. Who doesn't think so? There's been like two good medleys ever. The Circle Jerks medley of all the carpenter songs doesn't even rank as listenable. The only medleys I've ever heard that sounded decent occurred at live shows on the far side of last call and I was too beer stupid to know any better. [Coincidentally this is also when most of my worst music purchases have occurred.] I can only think of one good medley and it doesn't really count. When the Ramones played live and would blast through 8 songs by only singing a verse and one refrain of the chorus nonstop, that was cool. It's only kind of a medley... Actually I just looked it up in the dictionary [3 : a musical composition made up of a series of songs or short pieces ] and apparently that technically is a medley. Anyway the Queers also, this is around '96, used to do a decent one, and those are the only cool ones I can think of. The important thing to get out of this is that medleys generally suck, ohh and Tom Waits does a cool one too. Medleys suck.) by Lindsay Lohan of three songs.
That is bad enough in and off itself, however it gets worse. Two of the songs she trashes, Changes and Livin' For The City, are classics way beyond any talent she might think she has when surrounded in the fanciest 2 bazillion track recording studio in L.A. And worse yet Livin' For The City is a protest song about the inequality and racism in America. Fuckin' A, it makes me want to spell America with a K. If jerk offs like her are going to cover good songs like these, and do it without a trace of reverence or respect for the original intent ( I wonder if she even begins to understand the original purpose of the song, not that it's that fucking difficult.) of the song writer, in this instance Stevie Wonder, then to hell with her. See if I ever watch Mean Girls 2. It ain't gonna happen. Not on video on dollar day, not even on basic cable at 2:30 on a Sunday afternoon.
As for Livin' For The City, The Dirtbombs and Ike & Tina Turner both do excellent covers but you really can't beat the original. Just for the record (Does that have an acronym? Like BTW.) I didn't swear a lot to be "edgy". I was going for "pissed off by some dumb privileged teeny bop ditz coping attitude like she knows something".
I'm angry. I'm going to the pub to read evidence.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last summer, I got suckered into going to a Nity Grity Dirt Band concert. Not exactly my cup of tea music wise, but, it was free and there wasn't shit else to do. Anyway, it made for some good getting drunk music and I also found out that "some" cowgirls are pretty hot. Anyway, they did a medley of some of their songs, and I was completely blown away. I know The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, kind of started out as somewhat of a stoner band, but somehow endeded up being clasified as country. You do a couple bluegrass tunes for shits and giggles and see where it gets you. I don't know what I'm talking about, but I do know this. If I would have had a tab of acid, that medley they did would have been completely mindboggling. It was fairly mindboggling just hearing it drunk. But, anyway, I agree with you. Medleys suck. They are definately far and few in between. Rock ON!!!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home